Before I post on DocWife.com, I always ask, “What do readers want to read?” I try to give outrageously helpful advice to solves your problems.
But most importantly, I want to be your friend. That’s what really matters most to me. Even though there is a screen in between us and I don’t know your name, I want you to feel like we’re having a conversation in my living room.
So, I’m going to write a fun post so we can get to know each other better! ❤️
10 Random Facts About Me
- I blog 95% of the time on my phone as I’m putting the kids to sleep. Once their eyes are closed, I whip out my phone, the world is quiet, and I get to work.
- We had a macaron bar at our wedding at a time when most people (at least where we lived) had never tried one before. It was a hit. And our guests still remember it today.
- I don’t care for fresh flowers because I have a hard time parting with them when I have to throw them away. But I do love potted orchids because they last as long as I give it an ice cube each day.
- My favorite shows are Sherlock Holmes (with Benedict Cumberbatch) and Downton Abbey.
- I love to play games with my kids. My favorites are puzzles, hide and seek, and activity books.
- I like genealogy and having a connection to my family’s past. I studied French as a minor because I wanted to speak it as my grandparents did. But I should have learned Spanish because I’ve never had to use my French!
- You can’t buy my love. But you can buy me ice cream, which is basically the same thing.
- My dream is to do medical missions alongside my husband in places like Vietnam. I am originally from that country and it has a special place in my heart.
- My husband, who was inspired to become a GI doc because of his love for food, taught me how to make some of my best dishes. Verdict is out there if student has surpassed teacher! 😉
- I grew up an only child until I was 11 when my sibling was born. I never want to feel as alone as I did as a kid again. I love the noise, chaos, and hustle & bustle of large families and get-togethers.
If you connect in any way with me below, or if anything about me surprised you, let me know in the comments.
I’m a hugger. I’m hugging and supporting you, friend.
Your friend going through this medical journey with you,
What do you and I have in common? What surprised you about me? What are some facts about you?