May is an amazing month of the entire year.
Snow days are behind you, Memorial Day marks the day pools open in most areas, flowers start blooming, Mother’s Day rolls around.
All these make people very happy.
Also when every May rolls around, we think two words:
Some of you are about to celebrate a huge milestone as your DrSpouse graduates from medical school. If that’s you, congratulations! 🎊
If you are struggling to get a gift for him, here are a few ideas that will be unforgettable.
13 Unforgettable Gifts For The New Physician
- Stethoscope. This is the tool of the trade. Upgrade to Littmans if that’s not what he already has.
- Tie clip. Many studies show that ties pick up a lot of bacteria from his line of work. Get him one and keep everybody safe. You can get any of them here.
- Tailored lab coat. Chances are, the coat his hospital issues him will fit him like a potato sack. Get it tailored at an alteration shop so he looks like a TV doctor.
- Dress pants. I got rid of pants that had pleats so my husband can join this decade’s fashion.
- Dress shirts. I love slim fits that don’t look boxy and two magic words: iron-free.
- Work bag. He will need a bag to trek his notes back and forth.
- Professionally framed diploma. The official frame from his school may be pricey, but you can get a knockoff custom-made at a craft store.
- Artwork for his home office. Many artists on Etsy can make custom prints related to medicine. We have one with a quote from Hippocrates, “Wherever the art of Medicine is loved, there is also a love of Humanity.”
- Coffee travel mug. For those who drink coffee, a good mug is a must. Get a mug that is guaranteed not to leak. This is the exact one from Contigo my husband uses.
- Cable chargers. His phone has to stay charged for his long shifts that run into days and nights. Here are a few you can choose from.
- Smart watch. It’s like having your smartphone on your wrist. Also measures heart rate and sleep patterns if he’s into tracking those things.
- Virtual Reality Headset. We don’t own this but friends who do swear by it. The Oculus Go has good reviews.
- Food storage. We saved so much money by packing his meals instead of eating in the cafeteria. I’m a fan of Snapware glass containers because they clean easily and are airtight.
To strong medical families,
Did your DrSpouse have any favorite tools he used that made life better?